BEELEN: North Rhine-Westphalia
51°55′45″N 8°07′5″E, 226.3 miles W of Berlin. Beelen is a municipality in the district of Warendorf, approx. 30 km SW of Bielefeld and 35 km E of Münster. Jewish history in German.
- Matthias Date: Warendorf, in:. Publications of the Historical Commission for Westphalia: Historical Handbook of Jewish communities in Westphalia and Lippe The towns and territories in today's administrative district of Münster, S.725, 748th
- Elfi Jörns Splendor: Jewish Heritage in England. Volume IV: Region of Münster. JPBachem publisher. Cologne 2002. S.593-504, S.528-533.
- Meier Schwarz (eds.): set fire to your sanctuary. Destroyed Synagogues 1938 North Rhine-Westphalia, Bochum 1999th
48361 North Rhine-Westphalia (Gerz)
CEMETERY: Beelen community, district of Warendorf at Neumühlestrasse. Used: 1827 - 1934. 6 visible gravestones. A new Holocaust memorial was dedicated in 2006. [Sep 2012]
- Approximately 1975 - 2000 by Heritage Office (Photos)
- History in Westphalia-Lippe 1987 , page 140
- History in Handbook 2008 , p 188
Last Updated on Thursday, 13 September 2012 22:46