|ANHOLT (ISSELBURG): North Rhine Westphalia|
51°51' N 6°26' E, 298.4 miles W of Berlin. The Lordship of Anholt was a small state of the Holy Roman Empire, an imperial estate, and a member of the Lower Rhenish-Westphalian Circle. The state consisted only of the City of Anholt in the present-day District of Borken and received town privileges in 1347 and finally was incorporated into the City of Isselburg in 1975. The Lordship of one mile2 was between three larger states: the Duchy of Guelders, the Bishopric of Münster, and the Duchy of Cleves. Its area was given as 1 square mile (about 50 km²).
Title: Aus der Geschichte der Juden in Anholt
CEMETERY: City Isselburg, Borken at Am Judenberg, Dwarsefeld. Used: 1821 - 1934. 17 gravestones. In the early 20th century, a gravestone from 1821 was found. Of the extant gravestones, the oldest dates from 1841. photos. The 763 m² large cemetery is on Judenberg in the district Dwarsefeld. Of the still existing seventeen grave stones is the oldest of 1841. Last burial was 1934. Since 1956 City of Isselburg maintains it. photo. [Sep 2012]
|Last Updated on Sunday, 05 May 2013 20:18|