ALFTER (Bornheim): North Rhine-Westphalia
50°44′8″N 7°00′33″E. Alfter is a municipality in the Rhein-Sieg district approx. 6 km W of Bonn on the southern ridge of the "Vorgebirge" bordering the city of Bornheim on the south, Bonn to the east, and north of the cities of Meckenheim and Rheinbach. To the west is Swistal.
53347 North Rhine-Westphalia
See: Niederrhein in General Section of Dokumentation zur Geschichte der Juden8701 . Alphabetical list of names + birth date and place. 20 persons, 1806-1938 and 1814-1934. Source: Tagger, Mathilde A. Printed Books on Jewish cemeteries in the Jewish National and University Library in Jerusalem: an annotated bibliography. Jerusalem: The Israel Genealogical Society, 1997.
- Jewish Cemetery: photo. photos. This well-preserved Jewish cemetery on Hühnerbuschweg is landmarked as of 1987. The cemetery was in use by 1719 until 1938. 20 gravestones are visible. In 1949, the municipality Alfter took over the care of the cemetery. [Sep 2012]
- 1972 by Klaus HS Schulte (Assignment List)
- Archive 1981-1983 by Siegburg (Photos)
- 1991-1993 by Dieter Peters (Assignment List)
- 1994-1998 by Dieter Peters (6 photos: cemetery grave stones and views)
- Published information about the Jewish cemetery Alfter found in:
- Klaus HS Schulte: documentation for the history of Jews in the lower Rhine to the 17th Century. Publications of the historical association for the Lower Rhine in particular the old Archbishopric of Cologne. Dusseldorf 1972, pp. 17, 273-274 (Assignment List)
- Henry Linn include: Jews in the Rhine and victory. Traveling exhibition of the archive of the Rhein-Sieg-Kreis. Siegburg 1983, pp. 337, 369, 604, 666 (history, photos)
- Henry Linn: 2000 years Jews am Rhein:.. Heimatblätter the Rhein-Sieg-Kreis, Yearbook of the History and Antiquities Society of Siegburg and the Rhein-Sieg-Kreis eV (Siegburg) 1983/84, p 45 (story)
- Dieter Peters: land between the Rhine and Meuse. Genealogy of Jewish cemeteries in the former Rhine Province and in the Dutch province of Limburg. Kleve 1993, p 101 (Assignment List)
- Elfi splendor: Jewish Heritage in England [Part I] Cologne Region.. Cologne 1997, pp. 507-508, 567 (story)
Last Updated on Friday, 14 September 2012 21:38