BAD BEDERKESA: 27624 Lower Saxony (Gerz, Peters).
LOCATION OF CEMETERY:
IN USE: From 1754 until 1902.
NUMBER OF GRAVESTONES: 8.
- Copies of German gravestone inscriptions (1980). Photographs (1985), mapping of graves (1980 and in 1997) by Kreisheimatmuseum Osterholz.
- The cemetery was vandalised during the Nazi era, gravestones toppled and some smashed. Of about 30 of visible burial mounds 8 still have their gravestones. The cemetery was restored in 1955 and has been in the ownership of the Association of Jewish Communities in Lower Saxony since 1960. It is cared for by local schools.
SOURCE: University of Heidelberg and Historisches Handbuch, pages 184-187 (DNB).
(Researched and translated from German May 2009).
Last Updated on Saturday, 05 September 2009 07:49