|ST. PAUL: Ramsey County|
Jewish cemetery information. [March 2010]
Adath Yeshurum Cemetery: Since 1985, part of the West Side Hebrew Cemetery.
B'nai Abraham Cemetery: see Sons of Abraham Cemetery
Montefiore Cemetery: (now Temple Israel Memorial Park at 3rd Avenue and 42nd St. in Minneapolis) established about 1875, http://www.parkbooks.com/MnGenWeb/cem.html
Mount Zion Cemetery: 1670 Payne Ave., ca 1889 or 1857; 776-2514. At the corner of Front and Sylvan from 1856-1889, then 1670 Payne Ave. the records are at Mount Zion Synagogue (Reform) at 1300 Summit Avenue, St. Paul. http://www.parkbooks.com/MnGenWeb/cem.html. The approximately 7 acres have 1500 burials. Records prior to 1921 are part of congregational records at the Mount Zion Synagogue (Reform) at 1300 Summit Avenue, St. Paul. #11269 in "Cemeteries of the US by Deborah M. Burek, ed. Gale Research Int., Detroit MI (1994) ISBN 0-8103-9245-3.
Russian Brotherhood Cemetery: see West Side Hebrew Cemetery
Sons of Abraham Cemetery: (originally called B'nai Abraham). Middle gate, The congregation was established in 1894. In 1901 they purchased synagogue property at 10th and Minnesota. They used the Russian Brotherhood cemetery until they bought their own land (about .5 acre) in 1911 first used in 1916. 600+ current burials. Information can be obtained from Stuart Marofsky.
Sons of Moses Cemetery: established in 1910, located at Greenbrier and White Bear Road, now 756 Parkway Dr. There is a large sign at the corner for this cemetery. Contiguous to Sons of Jacob on Parkway Drive and merged. Together they occupy approximately 7 acres, with just under 2000 burials. Records to 1955 are being reconstructed. In 1985, when the cemeteries merged, the fence that separated them was removed. The Beth Jacob Synagogue now manages both. Its address is 1179 Victoria Curve, Mendota Heights 55118.
Temple of Aaron Cemetery: (Conservative) 698-8874. 616 S. Mississippi River Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55116, (651) 698-8874. Website:
West Side Hebrew Cemetery: Southernmost gate, rows north of the road about 6 rows to the south of the road and originally incorporated in 1883. Portion also includes the old Russian Brotherhood Cemetery. The rows south of the road and about 8 rows north of the road are part of this cemetery. This cemetery was connected to four congregations, merged in 1963 as Adas Israel Synagogue, 2377 Edgcumbe Road, St. Paul, 55116. The congregations were the Highland Park minyan, Agudas Achim, Chevra Michnal Ashkinaz, and Sons of Israel. The cemetery records research through West Side Hebrew Cemetery, 2575 Doswell Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108.
|Last Updated on Sunday, 14 March 2010 19:07|