Willesden (United Synagogue) Cemetery: LONDON:
Willesden Cemetery, Beaconsfield Road, Willesden, London NW10 2JE (United Synagogue) +44 20 8459 0394. Fax: +44 20 8451 0478. Pedestrian access-Glebe Road from junction of High Road Willesden and Pound Lane.
- Founded: 1873; 23 acres. New tombs are now confined to an area near the main gate.
- photos [August 2003]
- address, hours, and map [April 2007] The United Synagogue Burial Society for additional information about tombstone maintenance, including cleaning at 020 8950 7767 and select option 2. Alternatively, you can
. Melvyn Hartog, Head of Burial, Tel: 020 8343 6283.
. [June 2011]
- JOWBR burial listings [August 2010]
- The July 1997 edition (Volume 5 Number 2) of Shemot (the magazine of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain) included an article entitled Willesden Cemetery History by Rosemary Wenzerul. Information provided by the articles included:
The cemetery was designed by the Jewish archiect Nathan Joseph.
Families tend to be buried together in family plots.
Among people buried at the cemetery:
- Chief Rabbi Nathan Adler;
- Chief Rabbi Israel Brodie;
- Rothschild family (in family plot);
- Sir Charles Clore;
- Lord Bearsted.
Last Updated on Friday, 19 April 2013 08:03