HAIFA [ חֵיפָה ] Print
Haifa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ch K Kurdim, Eli Salman (Chairman), Rehov Sokolov 19, Haifa 33171. Tel: 04-867-2917, (h) 867-7246, Sde Yehoshua

Ch K Ashkenazim, Rav Yaakov Rosental (Chairman), Benny Hasa, (Manager), Rehov Herzl 63, Haifa 33212. Tel: 04-864-2405, 866-4424, 050-573-573

  • Very old: Rehov Yaffo
  • Old: Hof HaCarmel, city entrance
  • New: Next to sde Yehoshua

Chj K Sefaradim, Yitzhak Akiva (Chairman), Rehov Ahad Haam 14, Haifa 33103. Tel: 04-862-1578, 862-1910, home: 04-855-2303

  • Old: Hof HaCarmel, city entrance
  • New: Next to sde Yehoshu
Ch K North African, Yosef Shitrit (Chairman), Rehov Zevulun 3, Haifa 33217. Tel: 04-866-2610
  • Old: Hof HaCarmel, city entrance
  • New: Next to sde Yehoshua
[SIC: Unclear as to what this refers:] Computerized from 1936. If you write them, they will send a printed copy of the burial certificate (in Hebrew). If the name is uncommon, no dates are necessary. Specifying the cemetery is unnecessary. Source: Israel Pickholtz; e-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it [date?[

References:

  • Lichtenstein, Heiner. Der Ehrenhain Bei Haifa; im Ersten Weltkrieg Sind 12000 Deutsche Juden Gefallen. 1932-; Kassel: Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgraeberfuersorge, 1969. p. 187 illus. 30 cm. (In Kriegsgraeberfuersorge, 45 Jahrg., no. 8, Nov. 1969) At the Leo Baeck Institute: ID # q D 639 J4 L53
  • Grayevski, Pinhas. Kever ahimv kedochei Haifa (Common grave- Haifa martyrs/victims).Jerusalem: __ 1938. 7p. (Leaflet no.135) (Hebrew); Notes: Period; 1929. 9 tbsts, (2 women). All killed during l929 events. Source: National and University Library, Jerusalem.

CEMETERY:

Burial list computerized in Hebrew. [June 2009]

http://bubble.euweb.cz/israel/haifa/haifa12.html [January 2001]

http://www.sephardicstudies.org/census_haifa.pdf [September 2002]

  • Akko New Cemetery
  • CWGC British War Cemetery: Haifa War Cemetery lies 3 kilometres from the central railway station on the Tel-Aviv Road. From the south on Highway 4, the cemetery is on the left hand side, just before shops and Haifa docks. 300 metres after the cemetery turn left into Dugit Street. Turn left at the traffic lights and the cemetery will now be on the right hand side, 300 metres after the lights. Visiting Information: The Cemetery is permanently open and may be visited at any time. Wheelchair access to the cemetery is possible via the main entrance. For further information and enquiries please contact This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it Historical Information: Haifa was captured by the Mysore and Jodhpur Lancers on 23 September 1918 and the 33rd Combined Clearing Hospital was moved to the town on the 15 October. Haifa War Cemetery, which was originally part of the German cemetery, was used mainly for hospital burials, but some graves were brought in from the battlefields. Haifa was of great strategic importance during the Second World War because of its deep water harbour and airfield. It was also the terminus of the railway line from Egypt and of the Kirkuk-Haifa oil pipeline. Haifa became one of the main supply bases and arms depots serving the Middle East forces and a large naval depot was established at Haifa Bay. The cemetery was again used during the early part of the war until the new war cemetery at Khayat Beach was opened. Haifa War Cemetery now contains 305 Commonwealth burials of the First World War, 86 of them unidentified. Second World War burials number 36. [Jan 2015]
  • Old Haifa Cemetery
  • Mahane David Cemetery: [Jan 2015]
  • SDE YEHOSHUA CEMETERY:  [Jan 2015]

 

Last Updated on Monday, 19 January 2015 18:49