This town in Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok county at 47°15′0″N 20°41′0″E is located along Route 4 and halfway between Debrecen and Szolnok in the Great Hungarian Plain. The town is primarily surrounded by agriculture with a Baroque manor house owned in the 19th century by the Hódosy and Borbély families and then Miklós Horthy, Regent of the Kingdom of Hungary from 1920 to 1944, who was born here and reburied here after the Revolutions of 1989, the dissolution of the Warsaw Pact and the withdrawal of Russian/Soviet troops. The settlement was granted town rights in 2004.
Kenderes Jewish cemetery caretaker is the mayor's office. [March 2009]
|Last Updated on Saturday, 02 April 2011 10:41|