BIRKENAU (Odenwald) Print

Coat of arms of Birkenau 34 'N, 08 ° 42' E, 21 miles south of Darmstadt, 12 miles ESE of Mannheim, in the Odenwald, circle mountain road, S Hesse. Jewish population: 120 (in 1872), 35 (in 1933)

Its nickname is Das Dorf der Sonnenuhren - "The Sundial Village".Wikipedia.

CEMETERY:

BIRKENAU: 69488 Hesse (Gerz)
151 gravestones; used from 1722-1936.
Source: Kommission fuer die Geschichte der Juden in Hessen submitted by Harmut Heinemann of the Commission.

Last Updated on Sunday, 13 April 2014 09:40