|MOMMENHEIM: (Bas-Rhin département, Alsace région)|
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
The synagogue built in 1775 was replaced in 1869 with a new synagogue, replaced in 1904 by the current building. This synagogue burned in 1940 and seriously vandalized 1940-45 was restored in 1957 for a declining community. The synagogue renovated in 1954 burned down and is marked a Mogen David[?]: the walls of nave include each six stained glass windows and the facade is pierced of six openings itself. The Holy Ark of the synagogue, which came from that of Weiterswiller, was disassembled and re-installed in the new synagogue of l'Esplanade à Strasbourg.. [January 2008]
Cimetière Israelite: (1885) Road to Brumath.