STOCKTON-ON-TEES Print

For community information (including searchable database of cemetery), see "Stockton-on-Tees on JCR-UK. The Stockton Cemetery Database is also now part of the "All UK Database".
The Stockton-on-Tees Jewish Cemetery, Oxbridge Lane, forms part of the municipal cemetery, with graves dating back to 1885. See the Kehilat Middlesbrough Newsletter and Archives website, for list of burials at Stockton-on-Tees Cemetery, including photographs of gravestones.

 

Stockton Jewish Cemetery: In an ancient borough dating from the 14th century, during local government reorganisations (1980's and 1990's) the old borough first was part of County Borough of Teesside and then the County of Cleveland; Stockton is now once again an Independent Authority. The "Stockton Hebrew Congregation"" dates from the mid-1880's. The synagogue was erected in Hartington Road and in use until the mid-1970's, when the Congregation was merged with the Middlesbrough Hebrew Congregation. No more than 40 families belonged to the Stockton Hebrew Congregation. [February 2010]

 

JOWBR burial listings [August 2010]

Last Updated on Sunday, 26 September 2010 19:36