NOTTINGHAM, Nottinghamshire (3 burial sites): Print
For information on the Jewish oommunity of Nottingham, see Nottingham on JCR-UK.


CEMETERIES:

  • North Sherwood Street Jews' Burial Ground, North Sherwood Street, Nottingham NG1

In use from 1823 until 1869, the cemetery is situated in a courtyard hidden behind a stone wall, on the East side of North Sherwood Street, about 30 yards from the junction with Forest Road East.. The burial records are lost and only about 15 stones are extant. The cemetery belonged to the Nottingham Municipality but was purchased outright by the Community in 1946. The Cemetery is locked and the keys are held by the Nottingham Hebrew Congregation. Source; David Shulman, Webmaster JCR-UK [September 2016].

 

  • Hardy Street Jewish Cemetery, Hardy Street, Radford, NG7

Acquired in 1869 and closed in 1947, except for reserved plots. Enclosed by a high stone wall , the cemetery is situated between Hardy Street.and Waterloo Crescent and the junction with Southey Street. The Cemetery is locked and the keys are held by the Nottingham Hebrew Congregation. Source; David Shulman, Webmaster JCR-UK [September 2016].

 

  • Wilford Hill Jewish Cemetery, Loughborough Road, Nottingham NG2

Current cemetery. The land was purchased from by the Nottingham Hebrew Congregation from the Nottingham Municipality in 1935 and consecrated in 1937 but the first burial did not take place until March 1940.The Cemetery, which adjoins the eastern boundary of the municipal Nottingham Southern Cemetery, is locked and the keys are held by the Nottingham Hebrew Congregation. Source; David Shulman, Webmaster JCR-UK [September 2016].

 

Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 January 2017 18:47