For Community Information (including searchable database of cemeteries), see Middlesbrough on JCR-UK.
See the Kehilat Middlesbrough Newsletter and Archives website, for list of burials at both Middlesbrough Jewish Cemeteries, including photographs of gravestones.
There are two Jewish cemeteries, both within the large municipal Linthorpe Cemetery.
Old Cemetery. Plot in South-West corner of Linthorpe Cemetery close to Nursery Lane: Consecrated by Chief Rabbi Hermann Adler in 1885. Prior to then, burials took place at the Hartlepool Cemetery. The cemetery remained in use until the 1930's. Burial list. [source: David Shulman, Ra'anana, Israel]
New Cemetery, in North-East of Linthorpe Cemetery,close to Ayresome Green Lane. Opened in June 1932 and still in use.The Middlesbrough Cemetery Database is also now part of the All UK Database and listed on JOWBR.
|Last Updated on Sunday, 24 July 2016 22:02|