For Community Information, see Falmouth on JCR-UK
Jewish history. [BBC, 28 October 2014]
Falmouth Synagogue. Wikipedia [October 2013]
Kehillat Kernow may have more information. [October 2013]
Penryn Road Old Jewish Cemetery. An old Jewish cemetery is situated on main Penryn Road. Keys were with Vospers Garage (adjacent) phone +44 1326 372011. It is one of the disused cemeteries administered by the Board of Deputies of British Jews - general enquiries to the Board's Community Issues Division. [Jewish Year Book 2005]
"The Jews of Cornwall - A History - Tradition and Settlement to 1913" by Kieth Pearce published by Halsgrove, 2014 (which revised and updated "The Lost Jews of Cornwall", edited by Keith Pearce and Helen Fry, published by Redcliff Press Ltd, 2000), contains full transcriptions of the gravestones (and, where known, family relationships and other information) in respect of the Jewish cemetery in Falmouth. [source: David Shulman, Webmaster JCR-UK, 2005]2016]
See Jewish Cemeteries in the West of England by Rabbi B. Susser (part of the Susser Archive). [source: David Shulman, Webmaster JCR-UK, 2005]
Falmouth's Jewish cemetery was established about 1780 at the same time as the adjoining Congregational cemetery on land granted jointly to both communities by Sir Frances Basset, Lord de Dunstanville. "The entrance to the cemetery is near the NW corner in a short wall. This wall and the entrance doorway show several structural phases relating to a former building considered to have been a small funerary chapel called an 'ohel'. Beyond this entrance area, the cemetery is defined on the west-north-west and much of the south-south-west by mortared rubble walls up to 1.25 metres high; its joint boundary with the Congregationalist cemetery is a hedgebank. The cemetery contains over 50 recorded burials, of which over 30 have in-situ legible gravestones along with several fragmentary or illegible gravestones, some displaced. The burials range from the unmarked grave of Esther Elias in about 1780, with the 1790 burial of Isaac son of Benjamin providing the earliest in-situ gravestone to the gravestone of Gershan Elias dated 1868. In 1913, long after the Falmouth Jewish community had dispersed, permission was given for the interment of a local Jewish publican, Nathan Vos. The graves are aligned north-north-east to south-south-west, arranged in six neat rows east-south-east to west-north-west across the plot. The gravestones are mostly upright however some have fallen over and they are made of either local slate or fine grained sandstone. Most also have curvilinear upper edges similar to some of the area's non-Jewish gravestones at those respective dates. Inscriptions employ Hebrew script, exclusively so before 1838 but from that year most also include, in English, the name of the buried individual and the year of death in the Jewish and/or Civil Calendar, a shift in emphasis more evident by the last gravestone of 1913 which has more text in English than Hebrew. Scheduled" Source [October 2013].
Falmouth Jewish and Congregationalist cemeteries: Scribd.com - Excellent history of this Jewish cemetery on Penryn Road. [October 2013].
Burial list and photos of gravestones. [Cemetery Scribes, October 2013]
[UPDATE} Jewish cemetery restoration in Cornwall, England [July 2015]