For information on the former Jewish community of Dover, see Dover on JCR-UK.
This Jewish cemetery overlooks the harbor at Copt Hill. It is one of the disused cemeteries administered by the Board of Deputies of British Jews - general enquiries to the Board's Community Issues Division (see above). [Jewish Year Book 2005]
Opened in 1868, it is situated between the main Charlton Cemetery and church cemeteries. Plaques and the foundation stone from the now demolished synagogue are visible inside the cemetery. Cemetery is still in occasional use. David Shulman, Webmaster JCR-UK [October 2016]
See also Cemetery Scribes - Dover. [January 2017]
|Last Updated on Sunday, 08 January 2017 16:56|