For information on the former Jewish community of Bath, see Bath on JCR-UK.
This small Jewish cemetery with the earliest burial in 1812 (Sarah Moses November 1812). The last burial was in 1921. There wereabout 50 burials. Since 1915, it has been one of the disused cemeteries administered by the Board of Deputies of British Jews. The Cemetery is looked after by local group of enthusiasts (the Friends of Bath Jewish Ground). Source: David Shulman, Webmaster JCR-UK [June 2016]
See Jewish Cemeteries in the West of England by Rabbi B. Susser (available on JCR-UK as part of the Susser Archive):
See also Cemetery Scribes - Bath. [January 2017]
Access:The Cemetery is in Bradford Road (A3062), on the corner of Greendown Place (with the Florest & Flower public house on the other corner), about two miles from the centre of the city. The Cemetery is locked and requests for access should be directed to the Board of Deputies or the Bristol Hebrew Congregation.
|Last Updated on Sunday, 08 January 2017 12:07|