TREBIVLICE: Litomerice, Bohemia Print
Ústí nad Labem Region of the Czech Republic, 13 km southwest of Lovosice. The population is 826 (2006).

 

US Commission No. CZCE000189

Alternate name: Triblitz; Trziblitz in German, Třebívlice in Czech. Trebivlice is located in Bohemia, Litomerice at 50º27 13º54, 17 km SW of Litomerice and 23 km SSW of Usti nad Labem. Cemetery: 1 km NW. Present town population is under 1,000 with no Jews.

  • Town: Obecni urad, Ms. Fuksova, 411 15 Trebivlice; tel. 0419/9395.
  • Regional: Okresni Urad-Referat Kultury, Na valech 525, 412 01 Litomerice; tel. 2332 and Okresni Muzeum, Mirove namesti 1, 412 01 Litomerice; tel. 2019.
  • Interested: Ms. Pesutova, historian, 411 15 Trebivlice and Statni Zidovske Muzeum, Jachymova 3, 110 00 Praha 1.
  • Key holder: Statni statek, 411 15 Trebivlice.

Earliest known Jewish community was 1713. 1930 Jewish population was 6. Jews moved to big towns in second half of 19th century. The unlandmarked Jewish cemetery originated in 1868 or 1877 with last known Progressive/Reform Jewish burial in 1941. The isolated rural (agricultural) hillside has no sign or marker. Reached by crossing public orchard, access is open with permission via broken fence with non-locking gates. The pre- and post-WWII size of cemetery is about 2 meters sq. [?-sic) ha.

20-100 stones date from second half of 19th-20th century. The granite and sandstone finely smoothed and inscribed stones or multi-stone monuments have Hebrew, German and Czech inscriptions. The cemetery has no special sections, no known mass graves, or structures. The municipality owns Jewish cemetery property. Adjacent properties are agricultural. Rarely, private visitors stop. Vandalism occurred 1945-1981 with no maintenance. Very serious threat: vegetation. Moderate threat: pollution, existing and proposed nearby development. Slight threat: uncontrolled access, weather erosion and vandalism.
Jan Marek, Na hranici 208, 405 05 Decin; for telephone or fax message: 0412/23-662; 0412/28-090 and Jiri Fiedler, z"l, Brdickova 1916, 155 00 Praha 5; tel. 55-33-40 completed survey on 19 May 1992. Documentation: old cadastres; census; notes of Statni Zidovske Muzeum Praha; vicar of Hussite Church (housed in local synagogue); two chronicles, and municipality, etc. The site was not visited. Ms. Pesutova, Trebivlice 137; Mr. Liska, Trebivlice 140 were interviewed.

Last Updated on Thursday, 26 February 2009 14:42