CERADICE, Čeradice: Louny, Ústí nad Labem, Bohemia Print

Alternate name: Tscheraditz bei Saaz.. Čeradice is a village and municipality (obec) at 50°17′59″N 13°28′24″E. The municipality covers an area of 12.65 square kilometres (4.88 sq mi), and has a population of 278 (as at 2 October 2006). Čeradice lies approximately15 mi) W of Louny and 35 mi SW of Ústí nad Labem, and 45 miwest of Prague. Town information.

CERADICE: US Commission No. CZCE000219
Alternate name: Tscheraditz in German. Ceradice is located in Bohemia, Louny at 50º09' 13º00', 4 km SW of Zatec and 42 km ENE of Karlovy Vary. Cemetery: 1800 m NNW, amidst pastures. Present town population is under 1,000 with no Jews.

    • Town: Obecni Urad Ceradice, 439 32 Radiceves; tel. 0397/3302.
    • Regional: Okresni Urad, Referat Kultury, Palackeho 2380, 440 01 Louny; tel. 0395/2373 and Zidovska Nabozenska Obec, Lipova 25, 415 01 Teplice; tel. 0417/265-80.
    • Interested: Regionalni Muzeum, Husova 678, 438 01 Zatec; tel. 0397/2840 and Statni Zidovske Muzeum, Jachymova 3, 110 01 Praha 1; tel. 02/231-06-34 or 231-07-85 and Okresni Muzeum, Pivovarska 28, 440 01 Louny; tel. 0395/2456.
        • ) before 1869 (3 km and 4 km away) used this cemetery. The flat isolated rural (agricultural) site has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road and crossing private property, access is open to all via a broken masonry wall without gate. The pre- and post-WWII size of cemetery is 0.0682 ha. 20-100 granite and sandstone 19th century stones, about half in original location and 50-75% toppled or broken are flat shaped stones, flat stones with carved relief decoration or multi-stone monuments with Hebrew and German inscriptions. The cemetery contains no known mass graves or structures. Teplice Jewish community owns the property probably now used only as a Jewish cemetery. Adjacent properties are pasture and meadow. Rarely, private visitors and local residents stop. Vandalism occurred prior to World War II, during World War II, occasionally 1981-91, and 1945-1981 (several opened and excavated graves). Serious threat: vandalism. Slight threat: vegetation and proposed nearby development.
      • Earliest known Jewish community was early 19th century. 1930 Jewish population was 4. Jewish community moved to big towns in second half of 19th century. (114 Jews in 1864 or 25% of total population). Jewish congregation disbanded in 1875. The unlandmarked Jewish cemetery originated in late 18th century with last known probably Conservative Jewish burial about 1875. Libocany (Ger. Liebotschan); Zatec (Ger. Saaz) before 1869 (3 km and 4 km away) used this cemetery. The flat isolated rural (agricultural) site has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road and crossing private property, access is open to all via a broken masonry wall without gate. The pre- and post-WWII size of cemetery is 0.0682 ha. 20-100 granite and sandstone 19th century stones, about half in original location and 50-75% toppled or broken are flat shaped stones, flat stones with carved relief decoration or multi-stone monuments with Hebrew and German inscriptions. The cemetery contains no known mass graves or structures. Teplice Jewish community owns the property probably now used only as a Jewish cemetery. Adjacent properties are pasture and meadow. Rarely, private visitors and local residents stop. Vandalism occurred prior to World War II, during World War II, occasionally 1981-91, and 1945-1981 (several opened and excavated graves). Serious threat: vandalism. Slight threat: vegetation and proposed nearby development
        .
      • Jiri Fiedler, z"l, Brdickova 1916, 155 00 Praha 5; tel. 02/55-33-40 completed survey on 29 June 1992 using census 1724, 1849, 1864, 1930; Die Juden und Judengemeinden Boehmens, (1934), Gustav A. Schimmer: Statistik des Judenthums (1873), Karl Tutte: Der politische Bezirk Saaz (1904); and cadastre of 1843. Other documentation was inaccessible. The site was not visited.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 11:42