VALPOVO Print
Valpovo, Valpó, Jovalium, Walpowo, Valpach. 45°40' N 18°25' E, 117.0 miles E of Zagre. Also see Donji Miholjac.
  • Cemetery: Established in 1860, site exists and was sold in 1970. Synagogue was built in 1898 and destroyed in 1941. The Jewish Community was established in 19th century and closed in 1941. Source: Srdjan Matic, MD, 40 West 95th Street, Apt. 1-B, New York, NY 10025. (212) 222-7783. [1999]
  • Jewish Population: 1925/26-157; 1931- 175; 1937/38-140; 1947-0; 1994-0. See: Gruber, Ruth Ellen. Jewish Heritage Travel: A Guide to East-Central Europe. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 1992. (page 244)
Last Updated on Sunday, 17 January 2010 23:39