Kutenya, Kutina, Kuttina. 45°29' N 16°47' E, 43.9 miles ESE of Zagreb.
Also see VOLODER
Jewish Community: established in 19th century, existed until 1941. Jewish Population: 1925/26- 200; 1930- 165; 1931- 157; 937/38- 157; 1941- 130; 1947- 3; 1994-2. See Gruber, Ruth Ellen. Jewish Heritage Travel: A Guide to East-Central Europe. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 1992. (page 244) 
Synagogue was built in 1914, abandoned in 1941, and the building confiscated in 1947. The property still exists today. [Land Registry: Folder No: 425 Plot No.: 265 & 258/3; Folder No: 452; Plot No.: 264/2, 264/4, 258/1 & 258/4] Source: Srdjan Matic, MD, 40 West 95th Street, Apt. 1-B, New York, NY 10025. (212) 222-7783.
The museum refutes the above information: "Since there was a Jewish community in Kutina, as well as a synagogue that existed until 1968, the Museum holds a number of ritual objects linked with the Jewish religion and culture." Moslavina Museum has Torah and rimonim [February 2009]
MUNICIPAL CEMETERY, Jewish Section: The Jewish section in the extremely large municipal cemetery has 70-80 monuments and is in desperate condition. Situated in a distant and unmaintained portion of the cemetery and heavily overgrown with vegetation, the site is hard to locate. All tombstones are heavily damaged, vandalized, and barely legible. Many tombs were broken open. Inscriptions are in German written with Hebrew characters and Croatian. [January 2009] [Land Registry: Folder No: 124; Plot No.: 2054] 
|Last Updated on Sunday, 17 January 2010 21:44|