A small town near Sarajevo in northern Bosnia where Jews still live.
"Cemetery: The Jewish cemetery was established in 1875. By 2000 it was being used as the town rubbish dump. At that date it was cleaned up for the survey undertaken by Ivan Čerešnješ, but its condition since is unknown. Twenty tombstones are intact and five broken ones are also visible. There is no fence, and no maintenance is known to take place. Inscriptions on gravestones are in Hebrew and Ladino." Source [January 2009]
Photo. Scroll down to slide 32. [September 2010]
|Last Updated on Saturday, 04 September 2010 12:50|