"The Sephardi synagogue was built in 1905. Its two-towered façade is otherwise plain in design. It is now the local headquarters of the Red Cross.
Cemetery: The Jewish cemetery of 1882 lies outside the town; it replaced an earlier cemetery whose site lay on the path of a new railway line. Although the graves within it appear to be in reasonable condition, the place looks abandoned. It is partly fenced and ungated." Source [January 2009]
|Last Updated on Saturday, 04 September 2010 12:56|