KLEINHEUBACH | bayern-bavaria - International Jewish Cemetery Project
KLEINHEUBACH: 62924 Bavaria, Lower Franconia (Gerz, Peters).
LOCATION OF CEMETERY:
IN USE: From 1730 until 1941 (last recorded burial).
NUMBER OF GRAVESTONES: Unspecified.
Numerous individual gravestone photographs and general cemetery views in Alemannia Judaica.
Jüdische Friedhöfe in Bayern publ. Haus der Bayerischen Geschichte , Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst - click on Friedhöfe and Kleinheubach.
Prior to having their own burial ground, this community buried their Dead in the Michelstadt cemetery, in Hesse. After 1730, the Kleinheubach cemetery also served the communities of Laudenbach, Erbach (Hesse) and Miltenberg.
The cemetery was desecrated in 1961, when 19 gravestones were besmirched with the Swastika emblem.
The well kept wooded cemetery is in two parts, set at an angle of 45 degrees. It is enclosed partially by wire mesh fencing and partially by a stone wall, fitted with a single wrought iron gate.
SOURCE: Alemannia Judaica and Schwierz, page 85-86 (Schwierz LBI).
(Researched and translated from German February 2010).
Last Updated on Sunday, 21 February 2010 15:07