Eberhard Kaendler and Gil Huettenmeister: Der juedische Friedhof Harburg publ. 2004 Christians Verlag, Kulturbehoerde/Denkmalschutzamt Hamburg, 311 pages (LBI).
Baruch Z. Ophir and Falk Wiesemann: Die juedischen Gemeinden in Bayern 1918-1945 : Geschichte und Zerstoerung publ. R. Oldenbourg, Munich 1979, 511 pages (LBI).
Reinhard Jakob: Die juedische Gemeinde von Harburg (1671-1871).publ.F. Steinmeier,Noerdlingen 1988, 248 pages, illus. (LBI).
Meir (Mario) Jacoby, Ruth Litai-Jacoby, Rolf Hofmann: Juedischer Friedhof Harburg, Schwaben , publ.Rolf Hofmann,Stuttgart 1996.(contains a selection of about 50 photographs of exceptionally well preserved gravestones, including translation of Hebrew inscriptions, with commentaries on family histories) (LBI).
See also here and here for information about and photos of the cemetery.
The history of the Harburg cemetery dates back to the 17th century. It was also used by the Jewish communities of Mönchsdeggingen and Ederheim.
The first cases of desecration were recorded in 1744 and 1800 when solders, passing though Harburg, used wooden gravestones as firewood. The cemetery was enclosed by a stone wall in 1745. Further desecrations took place in 1937, when 33 gravestones were uprooted and broken. The last instance of vandalism was reported in 1945, when a number of gravestones were removed. The mortuary has remained intact. The cemetery has a wrought-iron gate and is kept in very good order.