A two-story mortuary was built in 1832 and restored in 1924. The cemetery, with two metal double gates, now padlocked, is enclosed by a solid stonewall and barbed wire.
Substantial damage was caused by repeated desecration, in 1927, 1936, 1938, 1945 and again in 1999, when the mortuary and cemetery walls were besmirched with Nazi symbols including the swastika.
The cemetery is well maintained. Conducted visits to the cemetery can be arranged by the City Hall, Marktplatz 20, 97447 Gerolzhofen Tel.: 09382/903512 Fax: 09382/903513