A Jewish community existed in Geroda from the 17th century until 1942. The history of this community and the cemetery are explained on a large notice board outside the cemetery.
Prior to having their own cemetery with a mortuary, this community used the burial ground of the Pfaffenhausen Jewish community. When, in 1938, the Nazi authorities in Pfaffenhausen decided to close the local Jewish cemetery, the situation was reversed and their burials had to take place in Geroda. In addition, the Jewish communities in Platz and Unterriedenberg also used the Geroda cemetery for burials. The mortuary was pulled down in 1966 after it had fallen into disrepair.
The cemetery is set amongst trees and shrubs. It has a metal gate decorated with a Magen David.It is also enclosed by wire-mesh fencing and maintained in very good order.