Michael Schneeberger: Die Juden von Floß. in: Jüdisches Leben in Bayern 19. Jahrgang Nr. 95 publ. in September 2004 pages. 34-39
This cemetery was extended several times, in 1754, 1780 and in 1806. A substantial stone wall with a metal gate was constructed in 1775 and also extended in 1778 and 1848 to surround the entire cemetery.
Cemetery desecration occurred in 1929 as well as in 1945 and 1997, when 44 gravestones were uprooted. The cemetery is now well-tended.
This cemetery contains a memorial stone inscribed (translated) "To memory of the Jewish martyrs murdered by the Nazis during the years of persecution, who have found their peace in this place, dedicated by the survivors".
About 4 miles east of Floss is the village of FLOSSENBÜRG, the location of the erstwhile infamous Flossenbürg Nazi Concentration Camp, marked by a large memorial stone in the village centre. This too is dedicated to the memory and in honour of the Jewish victims who were murdered in this camp. In July 2007, the sixty-second anniversary of the camp's liberation, a Holocaust museum was opened in Flossenbürg.