Michael Trüger: Der jüdische Friedhof in Baiersdorf, publ. Der Landesverband der Israelitischen. Kultusgemeinden in Bayern. 9. Jahrgang Nr. 62 in September 1994 page 13.
This cemetery served as the collective cemetery for Jews living in the the principalities of Kulmbach-Bayreuth and Ansbach, as well as partly for those within the beneficence of Bamberg. The oldest of the existing gravestones date back to the beginning of the 15th century and that of the most recent is from 1937.
The cemetery is divided into three large sections of graves and is enclosed by a high and massive stone wall which has two wrought iron gates with inset Magen David. There are many very old and beautiful tombstones. The cemetery is being well maintained.
Vandalism of this cemetery, presumed to have been carried out by children, occurred for the first time in 1937 during the Nazi epoch and once more during the nationwide November 1938 pogroms.
A memorial stone was dedicated in 1980 in lasting memory to the Jewish citizens of Baiersdorf and the surrounding area, who were murdered during the Nazi era.