Although many gravestones are visible on photographs, no actual numbers available.
Numerous individual gravestone photographs and general cemetery views in Alemannia Judiaca.
In Schwierz - refer to Sources below.
Michael Trüger: Der jüdische Friedhof in Bad Neustadt a.d. Saale, publ. Der Landesverband der Israelitischen. Kultusgemeinden in Bayern. 8. Jahrgang Nr. 58 in September 1993 page 27.
Close to the entrance gate is a memorial plaque recalling that this place served as the last resting place place until 1942 for the deceased members of the Jewish community of Neustadt a.d.Saale and in memory of their fellow citizens.
The well tended cemetery, enclosed by wire mesh fencing, has a wrought iron gate mounted on two stone pillars. There are relatively many newer gravestones, compared with rather few older stones, which are at the outer left section of the cemetery.
The cemetery was repeatedly vandalised during the Nazi epoch.
In the mid-19th century a separate Jewish community existed in Neuhaus, once a nearby town in its own right,but now incorporated in Bad Neustadt. This community used the above cemetery.