WEINGARTEN, Württ 88250 Baden-Württemberg (Gerz, Peters).
LOCATION OF CEMETERY: Weingarten - Gewann Effenstiel.
IN USE: From 1833 (oldest datable gravestone 1903) until 1936 and again in 1950.
NUMBER OF GRAVESTONES: 35.
- 1986 photographs of all gravestones with mapping of graves by Zentralarchiv.
- 1993 cemetery area documentation including above photographs by the Office for Historic Monuments (Landesdenkmalamt, ed. Monika Preuß).
- Numerous photographs of individual gravestones and general cemetery views in Alemannia Judaica.
- It is assumed that for burials up to 1632 the cemetery first in Worms and then in Obergrombach was used by the Weingarten community. (Hundsnurscher/Taddey1968, page288 and Hahn1988, page301).
- A cemetery in Weingarten has existed since 1833 in the Gewann Effenstiel.
- This cemetery contains a memorial in honour of the 7 named Jewish soldiers from Weingarten who fell during WW1.
SOURCE: University of Heidelberg and Alemannia Judaica.
(Researched and translated from German January 2009).
To see information and photographs of individual gravestones in cemeteries in Baden-Wuerttemberg, click on this link and follow the directions on that page.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 05:43