|PHILIPPSBURG incorporating HUTTENHEIM. Karlsruhe district [also see Obergrombach]|
49 ° 14 'N, 08 ° 27' E. 17 miles southeast of Mannheim, 16 miles north of Karlsruhe, in the district of Karlsruhe, Baden-Wurttemberg NW. Jewish popuation: 94 (in 1842) to 45 (in 1933). PHILIPPSBURG incorporates HUTTENHEIM. Possession of the town was disputed between Germany and France. Formerly,a fortress was located poorly in the town. Jewish history. WWII history. reference. The Central Archives for the History of the Jewish People Jerusalem (CAHJP). [Mar 2013]
The Jewish community in Phillipsburg at first used Jewish cemetery at Obergrombach. In 1889 a private cemetery was established in the district Huttenheim inWon Gewann Im Sandfeld auf dem Wall.The Jewish cemetery area is11.95 Ar. 47 gravestones are visible. The landmarked cemetery's first burial took place in 1890 and the last was Beige Moritz Neuburger, who from 1889 to 1938 Jewish teacher in Phillipsburg . He returned from exile after 1945 to Heidelberg in 1954 was buried in the cemetery. [Mar 2013]
Joachim Hahn and Jürgen Krüger: Synagogues in Baden-Wuerttemberg . Volume 2: Joachim Hahn: places and institutions . Theiss, Stuttgart 2007, ISBN 978-3-8062-1843-5 ( Memorial Book of the synagogues in Germany . Volume 4), pp. 380-381 [Mar 2013]
Cemetery history and photos. [Mar 2013]
76661 Baden-Württemberg (Gerz, Peters).
DISTRICT: Karlsruhe.[Researched and translated from German September 2008]
LOCATION OF CEMETERY: Huttenheim Im Sandfeld auf dem Wall (Detail).
IN USE: From 1889 until 1954. First funeral 1890.
NUMBER OF GRAVESTONES: 47.
|Last Updated on Friday, 29 March 2013 21:18|