|MERCHINGEN: see Ravenstein.|
49°24' N, 09°30' E, 47 miles E of Mannheim, 22 miles NE of Heilbronn, in N Baden-Württemberg on the southeastern edge of the Neckar-Odenwald district . 1900 Jewish population: 101. From 1737 a synagogue/school (now church building) until 1880 was the seat of the Bezirksrabbinats . In 1938, the synagogue was destroyed inside and the Jewish citizens exiled or deported to Gurs . see Ravenstein.
To see information and photographs of individual gravestones in cemeteries in Baden-Wuerttemberg, click on this link and follow the directions on that page.
|Last Updated on Sunday, 17 March 2013 21:55|