49°29' N 8°36' E. This town in the district of Rhein-Neckar-Kreis is situated on the right bank of the Neckar, 10 km E of Mannheim, and 10 km NW of Heidelberg on Bertha Benz Memorial Route. The old town from the Late Middle Ages dates back to Celtic and Roman ages.
Videos of gravestones. [Mar 2013]
68526 Baden-Württemberg (Gerz, Peters).
LOCATION OF CEMETERY: Part of today's general City cemetery on Wallstadter Straße (Detail).
IN USE: From 1848 (first burial) until 1938. Oldest legible gravestone dated 1849.
NUMBER OF GRAVESTONES: 96.
(Translated from German June 2008)
To see information and photographs of individual gravestones in cemeteries in Baden-Wuerttemberg, click on this link and follow the directions on that page.
|Last Updated on Sunday, 17 March 2013 18:06|