|KRAUTHEIM: Baden Krautheim, Gommersdorf, Horrenbach, Klepsau, Neunstetten, Oberndorf . Altkrautheim, Ober- und Unterginsbach|
Krautheim is a town in Hohenlohe district on the river Jagst, 8 mi NW of Künzelsau and 10 mi SW of Bad Mergentheim on the border area between Baden and Württemberg regions. Records from the year 1096 mention the area as "Crutheim", but the modern incorporation in 1972-73 merged the formerly independent municipalities of Baden Krautheim, Gommersdorf, Horrenbach, Klepsau, Neunstetten, Oberndorf and the Württemberg-based communities of Altkrautheim, Ober- und Unterginsbach together. The former municipality Neunstetten includes the village Neunstetten and subdivisions Ölmühle and Untere Mühle. The former municipality Oberndorf includes the village of Oberndorf and the subdivisions of Knock (Kapellenberg) and Stockbrunnenwiesen.
history and photos. At first the Jews here used the cemetery in Berlichingen. Since 1837 a private cemetery was NE of the city Won "In Zücker" (located on the old road to hill nine Stetter, plot 2237, current size 7.50 ha). On 15 June 1837, Joel Hirsch Rothschild, a businessman and president of the Jewish community Krautheim purchased a field from Joseph Nied. The purchase agreement stated that the "field is bought as a cemetery already created and fenced in half." Obviously, burials were made before the purchase. The oldest surviving gravestones are (April 29, 1837) of Manasseh Blum and Bonele Dukat (died about 20 May 1837). In 1860 the Jewish community bought an adjacent field from the couple, David Ziegler and Magdalena nee Zürn for expansion of the cemetery. At that time, the cemetery also was used by the Jewish communities in Neunstetten Ballenberg. In 1944 the Krautheimer cemetery was confiscated from the German Empire and the community and made available for purchase. The well-preserved gravestones, especially eight granite ones were offered to the masons, but both the masons ...?. A report by the Tax Office Book indicates no acquisition of Jewish gravestones because cemetery was preserved largely in Krautheim in old condition. photo. [Mar 2013]
74238 Baden-Württemberg (Gerz, Peters)
LOCATION OF CEMETERY: Im Zücker on the old Neunstetter Weg. (Detail).
IN USE: Dedicated 1837 until 1940.
NUMBER OF GRAVESTONES: 117.
(Translated from German May 2008)
To see information and photographs of individual gravestones in cemeteries in Baden-Wuerttemberg, click on this link and follow the directions on that page.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 18:13|