You are here: Home Germany BADEN-WÜRTTEMBERG (BADEN-WUERTTEMBERG) GERABRONN incorporating Amlishagen, , Horschhof Ziegelhof , Horschhof , Dünsbach , Elpers Mayrhofen, Kleinforst, , Morstein , Oberweiler , Witten, Rucker, Hagen, Unterweiler Reichshof, Dennweiler, Ecker Hagen, Fuchshof. Michelbach
GERABRONN incorporating Amlishagen, , Horschhof Ziegelhof , Horschhof , Dünsbach , Elpers Mayrhofen, Kleinforst, , Morstein , Oberweiler , Witten, Rucker, Hagen, Unterweiler Reichshof, Dennweiler, Ecker Hagen, Fuchshof. Michelbach PDF Print E-mail

Coat of arms of GerabronnGerabronn at 49°15' N 9°55' E is a small town in the Schwäbisch Hal district. 2006 population: 4,547. Consisting of the formerly independent communities Amlishagen , Dünsbach, Gerabronn and Michelbach on the heath, addition to the core city Gerabronn 16 more villages, hamlets, farms and houses. For the former municipality Amlishagen include the village Amlishagen, the courts forge, and Horschhof Ziegelhof and the mill house, and the outgoing places Horschhof and sheep farm, former municipality Dünsbach.. For more see Wikipedia.

 

74582 Baden-Württemberg


DISTRICT: Schwäbisch-Hall.
SOURCE: Gerz and Peters.
LOCATION OF CEMETERY: along Friedhofstrasse about 1km outside villageDunsbach (arrowed).
IN USE: From 1823 until 1933. (Oldest gravestone 1825, youngest 1933).
NUMBER OF GRAVESTONES: 76.
DOCUMENTATION:

  • 1986 photographs of all visible gravestones by Schwedler.
  • 1990 photographs of remaining 76 gravestones together with cemetery layout by Zentralarchiv.
  • 1991 full cemetery documentation including gravestone photographs by the Office for Historic Monuments (Landesdenkmalamt ed.: Frowald Gil Hüttenmeister).
  • Numerous photographs and general cemetery views in Alemannia Judaica.
PUBLICATIONS:
NOTES:
  • It is thought likely that for burials prior to 1823, the cemetery of Braunsbach was used (Hahn 1988, page 511). On the other hand, Taddey 1992, page 251 suggests that up to this time the burials took place in the Jewish Communities Association‘s Schopfloch cemetery.
  • According to a commemorative plaque dated 1884, the surrounding cemetery wall was donated by „Hirsch Steiner from Chicago“.
  • During the spring of 1930 the cemetery was vandalised by a group of youths who had come from outside the village, resulting in the toppling over of gravestones. Even during these pre Nazi era days, Jewish inhabitants of Duensbach were molested by Nazis.
SOURCE: University of Heidelberg and Alemannia Judaica.
[Researched and translated from German February 2008]
Last Updated on Thursday, 21 February 2013 20:21
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution