Ahorn means maple. Ahorn is a municipality in the district of Main-Tauber in Baden-Württemberg at 49°30′3″N 9°32′23″E
74744 now incorporates EUBIGHEIM, Baden-Wuertemberg (Gerz, Peters)
[translated from German December 2007]
DISTRICT: Main-Tauber District
LOCATION OF CEMETERY: in Vierzehnmorgen (Detail)
IN USE FROM:
- Site acquired 1850; oldest gravestone 1880; last burial 1938 (Hahn 1988, page 330). Burials prior to 1850 in Bödigheim.
NUMBER OF GRAVESTONES: 39
- 1987 photographs and burial register by Zentralarchiv
- 1990 translation of gravestone inscriptions from photographs by Zentralarchiv (editor: Karol Sidon)
- 1991 full documentation including the use of photographs by State office for Historical Monuments Landesdenkmalamt ed: Barbara Döpp).
- Numerous photographs of gravestones and general cemetery views in Alemannia Judaica.
- Prior to 1850 burials took place in the Bödigheim Jewish Cemetery.
SOURCE: University of Heidelberg
and Alemannia Judaica
Last Updated on Monday, 18 February 2013 17:00