You are here: Home United States Arkansas AR PINE BLUFF: Jefferson County
PINE BLUFF: Jefferson County PDF Print E-mail

Jewish history and pictures. [January 2009] "Today, Anshe Emeth has only seventeen members.  At one time in the early 1920s, Pine Bluff had three different congregations, several Jewish social organizations, and a thriving community.  Today, one small, struggling congregation is all that remains." [January 2009]

History of Pine Bluff Congregations. [January 2009]

Temple Anshe Emeth (Reform) 870-534-3853. Former syngagogue building at Second and Poplar Streets, Pine Bluff, Arkansas currently is First Baptist Church. [August 2002]

By 1985, Anshe Emeth had only 69 members.  In 2003, the congregation decided to sell their synagogue to a local hospital who has converted it to a nursing school.  The congregation meets in a small chapel at the First Presbyterian Church once a month with nly fifteen members remaining. [January 2009]

Synagogue

B'nai Israel (Orthodox): In 1907, a group of 28 Jews founded an Orthodox congregation called B’nai Israel (Sons of Israel).They disbanded in the 1950's [January 2009]

 

Pine Bluff Jewish Cemetery: Anshe Emeth Cemetery:: Bellwood Cemetery Complex. 2122 West Pullen Street, Pine Bluff, AR 71601.

Dating from 1867. At one time, two synagogues existed in Pine Bluff, one Orthodox and one Reformed.  "Cemetery Records: Pike County, Arkansas", Cindy Scott, compiler, 325 Ruckel Drive, Niceville, FL 32578-1752.

Burial list: [January 2009]

burial list and photos. [Mar 2014]

Founded 1867

 

Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 18:38
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution