|MIROSLAVAS: Alytus raj [Miroslav, Мирослав, Miroslaw, Miraslov, Miroslau, Miroslavo]|
Alternate names: Miroslavas [Lith], Miroslav, Мирослав [Rus], Mirosław [Pol], Miraslov, מיראָסלאַוו [Yid], Miroslau, Miroslavo. 54°20' N, 23°54' E, 8 miles SW of Alytus (Olita), 17 miles ENE of Lazdijai (Łoździeje). 1897 Jewish population: 244.
In 1923, 93 homes, 15 shops existed, 13 of them belonging to Jews. In June 1941, German troops killed 42 district residents. On August 8 to eptember Nazi occupation authorities in Alytus ordered the killing of Jews, In March 1944 troops destroyed the town.
CEMETERY: Gudiniškių k., Miroslav sen
Jewish cemetery has many visible gravestones. [September 2010]
Fenced metal mesh fence. A oncrete pedestal holds ctangular black polished granite slab with the Star of David superimposed and inscribed with Hebrew letters. "Passerby, / HERE honor of lying / MIROSLAVO JEWIS: 0.55 ha. in a polygon. 29.7 m, x134.4 m, p. [Aug 2015]
|Last Updated on Saturday, 29 August 2015 12:47|